enclose, encircle, envelop, fence, surround
1. Tall trees surround the lake.
2. A myriad of stars surround the moon.
3. He likes to surround himself with amusing people.
4. How can one ever separate out the act from the attitudes that surround it?
5. Its rings were discovered by telescope from Earth, but space probes later found that spectacular rings surround some other planets.
6. He had made it his business to surround himself with a hand-picked group of bright young officers.
7. They try to use the wire netting to surround the garden.
8. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe.
9. I wondered why it was that he had managed to surround himself with idiots.
10. Accordingly, a whole series of concentric bright and dark rings will surround the central spot.
11. Then he realized how vast and how strong are the fortifications that surround the present system.
12. He certainly would be willing to surround her with little offices of compromising kindness.
13. Clearing a surround to the orchard, will significantly reduce background pollination to very low levels.
14. Hundreds of steps lead to the high walls which surround the president's palace!
15. For example, the surround module might use the echo module.