mend, repair, patch, fix
mend ： 通常指較簡單的修復過程，一般不需要專門技術或特殊工具。
patch ： 通常指用類似材料修補破洞、裂縫或磨損的地方。
fix ： 多用于美語，僅用于指帶有安裝固定性質的修理。
保養完好的 keeping sth very well
The state keeps the roads in repair.該州的公路保養得很好。
He made a few repairs to the stairs where some boards had come loose.他把樓梯上幾塊已松動的木板予以修理。
out of repair
失修,破損 without mending
The bulldozer is out of repair.這臺推土機損壞得無法修理了。
The machine is out of repair.機器失修了。
The fortifications were out of repair.防御工事年久失修。
正在修理 being mended
The car is under repair.這輛汽車在修理中。
The bridge is under repair.橋正在修理。
1. If you are not happy about a repair, go back and complain.
2. The monks of Ettal keep the abbey in good repair.
3. It would be uneconomic to try and repair it.
4. Data recorders also pin-point mechanical faults rapidly, reducing repair times.
5. The flat was in a poor state of repair.
6. Many of the buildings are in need of repair.
7. The car was smashed beyond any hope of repair.
8. There is no doubt now that her marriage is beyond repair.
9. "Can you repair it?" — "No problem"
10. The road was in bad repair in parts.
11. I thought he had bodged the repair.
12. Officials worked furiously to repair the centre court.
13. I had to dismantle the engine in order to repair it.
14. The fore end tube plate of the condenser has cracked beyond repair.
15. The man estimated for the repair of the car.